Saturday 22 August 2015

SHEENA DOUGLAS - CHALK FRAME AND THE LOOSESTRIFE FAIRY

Using a cheap frame, I painted with chalk paint and pasted through one of Sheena's stencils around the edge to achieve some interest and texture.  Works great !  I then Used the Luscious Loosestrife embossing folder for the background which I coloured in using distress ink which was then glittered.  I cut and stamped the pretty little Fairy and coloured her with distress inks, sprayed and glittered her wings and placed her on a toadstool and layered up. Of course, I gave her little glittered shoes, that's what fairies wear, right?   I think she looks beautiful which is why I put Beauty on a little heart that she is holding. Oh....some gilding wax (silver) over the raised texture on the frame. The flowers were vintage floral by Sheena and I die cut, embossed, painted with same colour chalk paint and a silver one, stamped over and glittered......I just had to place a sparkly little gem in the middle of the flowers, cause that is what the flowers are like in fairy land hee hee.   I looooooove her.   Happy Days :) xx



No comments: