Saturday 26 September 2015

SHEENA DOUGLASS NEW STAMP LAUNCH, 27TH/28TH SEPTEMBER

Whoooooo brand new stamps !!  These new stamps by Sheena are absolutely gorgeous, I have had sooo much fun playing with these, definitely an all year round bundle and so versatile.  I Love scenic scenes and the background stamps are superb for adding that extra touch to your card making especially if you like playing with all your different mediums.  I don't know about you but I have a block when it comes to mens' cards and never know what to put, to be honest, I dont have many mens stamps in my collection, but the plough and greenhouse in this collection is brilliant for such cards, combined with the brick wall, logs and leaves background they are simply FAB !    The country house is awesome and is a stamp for all seasons too and just as I finished make my little selection I realised a snowy scene would look so cosy....never mind, not started my Xmas cards yet ;)  Anyway, enough with talking, here are a few I have made, some using distress inks, some with aquatints.   Happy Days :) :) 


Distress inks, using logs background stamp, stamped and embossed. Used the gorgeous leaves background stamp for a few leaves poking down in the right top corner. 


Used a mixture of distress inks, and aqua noirs and again embossed the background ,used backgroun leaves stamps for a few leaves poking down in top left and corner. Added a touch of glitter for a little sparkle too. 




I really love this one, simple, used both background stamps with distress inks,  Birds are from a stencil. 


Loved doing this one, 8x8 card and die cut an aperture in the middle, used background stamp with leaves all round, coloured and glittered.  The house was stamped on the actual 8x8 card and coloured. Using a decoupage glue I stuck the aperture card over the front so the house showed through.    

On kraft card I stamped the logs, embossed in black and coloured using distress inks.  Stamped the plough on another piece of card and layered.  I love the words hee hee 

I had an mdf heart floating around so I white gesso all over front in sweeping mode, and distress inked the sides to make it look like wood.  I stamped the house and words on very thin copy paper.  I then cut out and placed on heart and stuck down and coated with Mod Podge which seals and protects.  Not bad for a quick little make and looks lovely. 

This card was made using distress inks, stamped and layered.  I have used some older stamps of Sheena's from the Age perfectly collection to give it a really old feel. 



This card was aquatints background and house and plough stamped and coloured in distress inks.  Birds again from a Sheena stencil.  

I felt really happy doing this one, hence the colour lol  I used a mixture of aquatints and distress inks. Drawing gum for the plough and stamped the gorgeous tress and clouds, coloured and a little glitter for sparkle.   

2 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Wow! I love them all. I'm a great fan of Sheela Douglass and you really do her stamps justice. I really like the first card and the log stamp makes a fabulous border. The heart looks great too. Keep up the good work :)

Unknown said...

Loved looking at all your designs for Sheena's new shows. Lots of lovely inspiration for me to make use of xxxx