Saturday 14 November 2015

SHEENA DOUGLASS, PERFECT PARTNERS RANGE, COUNTRY COTTAGE

Well, another pleasure was had using these gorgeous stamps and dies, part of the Perfect Partners Range. Country Cottage.  I had the most fun using the Cottage Lilac, Plain Honesty, Dragonfly Dance (what a lovely name), A Rosy Outlook,  Classic Carnations, Graceful Orchid, Majestic 'Mums' and finally the one that adds that extra greenery and texture, the Florist's Friend.  Yeah, was brilliant !!! A mixture of Aquatints, distress inks, dyna paints, silks and the delightful aqua pens were used (definitely been having a play) I tell you what, you can achieve some fabulous backgrounds, playing with all these mediums.  I loved stamping the Lilac and clear embossing it and using inks over to create an interesting background, also another technique I have used it Drawing Gum through a stencil and when dried use inks over the top to achieve a background, once dry you can rub off the drawing gum and you are left with such a gorgeous look which is the white of the paper which has not been inked.  The matching dies were such a joy to use, I die cut all my flowers out first, inked up and then with my matching stamp placed on my glass mat, I just place my die cut over the top and pressed down, so easy and quick to do.  I think I spent one night just cutting out loads and colouring and stamping.  You are then left with huge amounts to play and design with.  Here are my samples for the 4dd shows, I hope you like them :)  Oh, I forgot to add, I fell madly in love with the Dragonfly, he seemed so magical and I found him so inspiring, I could not leave him out hahaha.  Hope you like.  xx   



Background is stamped and embossed in clear the Lilac flower and inked over.


A bit magical, love the colours on this one.....fantasy.




Embossed Lucious Looserstrife on black card, silk painted and the silver waxed.




Oh , the gorgous Lilac with the little individual die cut petals just randomly placed.  Nothing needed to be added to this one apart from the name which I used lilac embossing powder on .



There he is, free to fly and explore......simple but effective card.  Aquatints on background.



I got very inspired by the Autumn colours this year and tried to use them in my pallet....I used the beautiful Roses and the gorgeous sentiment to finish this card.



The Daisy Chain embossing folder, embossed on black card, silk paints and silver wax over the embossed bits.



I love this one, the rose and the dragonfly.......



The Rose, die cut and stamped over the top of embossed Bird Feeder.



I love this one, the Lilac and the The Florests Friend combined with the dragonfly.



This card is a mixture of distress inks and aqua pens with the Plain Honesty die cut and stamped.  I love the colours on this one.



The Magestic mums.........aqua tints background.  A simple card but pretty.



A mixture of two stencils with the Plain Honesty die cut and stamped with the dragonfly swooping down.



The Magestic mums, gorgeous flowers, placed on the Daisy Chain embossed card.





I decorated a plain craft notebook.......both sides I used black gesso, texture paste through a stencil, dyna paints over the top and then die cut and stamped the dragonfly.  I only put the dragonfly on the front of the cover.  I sprayed with Spray and Sparkle gold for a hardy varnish and shine.




This one is mainly stamped with just the the two die cut leaves stuck on the stem and pretty Honesty flowers die cut out and glitters in the middle, and of course, my gorgeous magical Dragonfly swooping down.



This is a background that I used Drawing Gum through a stencil, once dried I inked over the top then rubbed off the drawing gum.  I love this look.  Due cut and stamped Orchids.



The gorgeous carnations.....pretty as a picture.



Magestic Mums and Florests Friend in a cute little pot/basket with gold wax rubbed over the top.



I used the left over piece from the die cut "Florest's Friend" and using a cut and dry, I sponged on some distress ink through, lighter colour first and then darker colour over the top.  








A Rosy Outlook, die cut and inked, glued onto a large wooden peg which has gesso and a stencil with texture paste to give some interest.  Gold gilding wax rubbed all over peg, sides and back and over the textured paste  I sprayed the flower with Spray and sparkle (gold) to make more hardy and give a pretty shine with a hint of sparkle.  I placed some magnet strips on the back so it can stick to the fridge so notes/shopping list can be placed.  Easy Peasy lol

3 comments:

Quirky Shepherd said...

Love your blog, your colours and backgrounds are fab. I agree these stamps and dies are DELISCIOUS and great fun to use. xx

Linda Simpson said...

These are all fabulous Jo, love the gorgeous backgrounds and wonderful floral dies and stamps. Thank you for sharing.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

They are all so lovely!